Una Award Guidelines
The Una Award is a recognition of long and faithful service to the American Red Cross.
- Any woman volunteer is eligible to be nominated with the exception of any current or past TCNC member.
- Nominations may come from staff or other volunteers.
- The nominator should be encouraged to make the nomination without notifying the candidate.
The timeline for nominations is as follows:
- The Vice Chair of the TCNC shall insure a call for nominations will go to all chapters no later than three months prior to a recognition event (typically a Summit).
- The Chapter Chairs committee shall take responsibility for reviewing the nominations and reaching out to staff to vet the candidates if necessary.
- The winner should be identified no later than 60 days before the event.
- The Chapter Chairs committee will vote on the candidates and the winner will be announced at the recognition event.
- The Vice Chair shall insure the winning candidate is notified immediately after the vote.