Methods for engaging Torchbearers may include:
- Recognize National Council members who were transitioning off the National Council into Torchbearer status with a special charm. A budget from National Headquarters would be devoted to this purpose.
- Send letters from Tiffany Circle leadership to new Torchbearers to thank them for their service.
- Include a write-up on each new Torchbearer’s service in The Torch.
- Call out all Torchbearers at the Summit and create a Torchbearer ribbon to be included on their name badge. List all Torchbearers in the Summit program guide.
- Invite Torchbearers to serve as ambassadors during the Summit, in which they would be assigned to a certain number of Summit attendees.
- Consider hosting a private event for Torchbearers at the Summit, such as a coffee or reception. Factors such as the availability of time would need to be considered in order to make this an effective engagement.
- To broaden the bandwidth of the Council, continue to include active Torchbearers in the workings of the National Council. Include them in all meetings as non-voting members, ensure that they receive meeting minutes, and invite them to serve on National Council committees.
- Nominate Torchbearers for additional terms on the National Council, under the new proposed governing guidelines.
- Create a Torchbearer Commitment form that all interested Torchbearers would sign each year (APPENDIX A).
- Interview all Torchbearers to determine how they would like to be involved and in what capacity (APPENDIX B).
- Ensure that Torchbearer contact details are accurate and up-to-date.
- Determine the financial impact and contributions of Torchbearers on the Summit.
- Engage Torchbearers to help the National Council implement the strategic plan by recruiting more Tiffany Circle members.
For more information, please contact:NHQ staff or TCNC Governance Chair