American Red Cross Mission
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The Alabama Region is comprised of 67 counties that are broken down into six geographical Chapters – North, Mid, East, West, Central and South. In 2008, the American Red Cross under the direction of President and CEO Gail McGovern unveiled the “One Red Cross” initiative which enables resources to be moved seamlessly where they are needed most especially during times of disaster and emergency.
FIND YOUR LOCAL RED CROSS OFFICE
- Disaster Services: When disaster strikes, the Red Cross is ready to provide a place to sleep, warm meals, clothing, emotional support and hope to those affected.
- Services to the Armed Forces: We relay urgent messages between U.S. service
- Preparedness: We provide free disaster preparedness education classes and information to our local communities.
- Health and Safety Services: We offer training in first aid, CPR/AED, swimming and water safety, care giving and more.
- International Services: With more than a century of experience, the American Red Cross works with the global Red Cross and Red Crescent network to meet the needs of the world’s most vulnerable communities.
- Blood Services: We collect blood every day from donors who help ensure a safe supply of blood when it’s needed.