The Tiffany Circle is a community of women leaders who advance the American Red Cross mission. By investing $10,000 annually in their local American Red Cross chapters, these women follow in the footsteps of a long line of women who have helped the Red Cross serve the American public in times of war and peace with disaster assistance, blood collection, safety training and countless other services.
The name Tiffany and the $10,000 amount have historical precedence. The society is named for the beautiful Tiffany windows in the Board of Governors Hall at Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. Produced by Tiffany Studios, these windows were commissioned in 1917 by Red Cross President Mabel Boardman. As an act of reconciliation and hope, they were paid for with a $5,000 gift from the Women's Relief Corps of the North and $5,000 from the United Daughters of the Confederacy of the South.
The women in these windows personify virtues at work in the Red Cross Movement: hope, mercy, faith, charity, truth and fortitude. Members of the Tiffany Circle provide living examples of these virtues in their local communities, by ensuring the Red Cross has the ability to help people prevent, prepare for and respond to life's emergencies.
Join us in our vision of having the best-prepared, most responsive and fully engaged community before, during and after disasters.
Program Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14DD-Zl7CDs
- An e-newsletter, The Torch, is circulated every 6 weeks to all Tiffany Circle members. The newsletter will include recent program updates, chapter and member news and any national event invitations.
- Access to The Source, a social media website exclusively for Tiffany Circle members. This members-only site includes member profiles, events, updates, blog, photos and more. It is basically a personal and powerful resource of ideas and information that makes Tiffany Circle a richer, more robust experience for all members.
- Tiffany Circle members are given a Tiffany & Co. custom-made charm for every year they are a part of the society. Each charm is inspired by the stories that are depicted in the Tiffany windows. Renewing members will receive a Tiffany & Co. charm each year to be added to the bracelet.
- All active Tiffany Circle members are invited to a Women’s Leadership Summit in Washington, D.C, at the national headquarters for the American Red Cross. Bonnie McElveen-Hunter, chairman of the Board of Governors and the chairs of the Tiffany Circle National Council hosts it each year. The informational, celebration and recognition event will feature presentations by prominent and inspiring women leaders from within and outside the Red Cross. Events and dinners are held in nationally known venues.
- Bonnie McElveen-Hunter (BMH) Members (cumulative Tiffany Circle giving of $100,000) receive a unique charm and an invitation to an exclusive reception at the Summit. Bonnie McElveen-Hunter SILVER (BMH-Silver) Members (cumulative Tiffany Circle giving of $250,000) also receive a unique charm and are invited to a private meeting with Bonnie McElveen Hunter. Invitations to all Tiffany Circle events will first be offered to BMH-Silver Members and then BMH Members before general membership.
- On those occasions of disaster or critical breaking news of the American Red Cross, a National Update Call will be created to include our Tiffany Circle Members in events closest to the heart of the Red Cross.
- Local benefits, volunteer and networking opportunities.
- Recognition by your local chapter on a Donor Roll Call
The Tiffany Circle is a powerful example of how women can provide leadership in their communities and around the world. Will you join the members of the Tiffany Circle in supporting your Red Cross chapter?
An annual gift of $10,000 or more entitles you to membership in the Gold Country Region’s Tiffany Circle. Your gift will provide temporary lodging, clothing, bedding/linens and a week’s worth of groceries for seven families that have lost everything they owned to fire. These items, coupled with the caring and concern of our volunteers, empower families to take control of their lives once again and give them hope for the future.
Your gift also ensures that the Red Cross is able to train volunteers to respond to the next disaster, that military families are able to reach their loved ones in an emergency, and that individuals and families will be trained to save a life during a medical emergency.
The Tiffany Circle is also a perfect way to pay tribute to a special woman in your life. Honor her with a gift that saves lives and gives hope – each and every day of the year.
To learn more about Tiffany Circle membership and benefits, please contact:
Laura Thompson at Laura.Thompson@redcross.org or by calling (916)993-7070