number of volunteers
units of blood products collected
local incidents responded
smoke alarms installed
youth trained in pillowcase project
residents trained in first aid, CPR, AED and water safety
County Leadership Councils are the essential Red Cross voice in our local communities who serve as Ambassadors for the Regional/Chapter CEO in the six counties that form the American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter (ARCBA). The Councils build and maintain relationships that increase community engagement in the Red Cross mission and increase Red Cross understanding of our local communities.
The mission of the County Leadership Councils is to serve as a Red Cross Ambassador in the community to expand Red Cross presence, deepen relationships and to connect and understand community needs so counties are better prepared and resilient in times of emergencies.
- Cultivate relationships with local community leaders and elected officials to share Red Cross goals, progress and opportunities to join in Red Cross work that serve our communities.
- Inspire communities to participate in the Red Cross mission as volunteers, partners and donors.
- Identify opportunities to plan, implement or participate in strategic local events to share Red Cross mission and how community can access our services.
- Support and recognize Red Cross volunteers
Each of the six counties in the ARCBA Chapter have a County Leadership Council whose members include industry leaders, business owners, first responders, community and non-profit leaders, government agency administrators, ministers and leaders in disaster, preparedness, health & safety and blood services, that are passionate about sharing the Red Cross mission in the community.
- Councils meet on monthly schedules determined by individual Councils [click County link below to view meeting schedules of each Council and roster].
- The Chair of each County Leadership Council is a member of the ARCBA Board of Directors and attends quarterly Board Meetings
- Build relationships with public safety, business, community and faith-based leaders, nonprofits, and service club associations to identify opportunities to partner and keep them connected with Red Cross mission.
- Identify opportunities to implement or participate in strategic community events, and serve on panels or committees that align with Red Cross mission.
- Meet annually with elected officials (i.e., mayors, board of supervisors, local state legislators) to cultivate ongoing relationship with Red Cross.
- Request and obtain annual proclamations from city and county governments during Red Cross month in March.
- Recognize volunteers at annual Volunteer Recognition Celebrations.
- Recruit and foster a cadre of leadership volunteers on the Council who are connected to the community, reflect local demographics and are passionate about Red Cross mission.