Home Fire Campaign and Sound The Alarm
American Red Cross Home Fire Campaign
Do You Need A Smoke Alarm?Schedule A Smoke Alarm Insallation
NEW! For residents in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
If you would like to schedule an appointment for trained Red Cross volunteers to:
Help us Sound the Alarm
This fall, the Red Cross will launch Sound the Alarm, a series of home fire safety and smoke alarm installation events nationwide. Volunteers will install 100,000 free smoke alarms in high risk neighborhoods, culminating in the installation of the one millionth smoke alarm!
Since 2014, the Red Cross, in partnership with fire departments and other local groups, has visited homes installing free smoke alarms, replacing batteries in existing alarms and providing fire prevention and safety education to prevent needless tragedies. Join us today in helping to save lives.
Stay tuned for more information and make sure to join us to Sound the Alarm on Saturday September 23 – Sunday October 15 as we install thousands of free smoke alarms.
Get Involved and Help Save LivesThere are several ways you can get involved with Sound the Alarm:
Coming soon to a Neighborhood near you.
05.27.2017 Richmond & San Pablo
06.17.2017 East Palo Alto
07.15.2017 Moss Beach, Mobile Home Park
07.22.2017 Half Moon Bay Canada Cove Mobile Park
05.13.2017 Fairground Mobile Homes in American Canyon
06.24.2017 Marin Valley Mobile Home Park in Novato
More than 90 percent of our total workforce is composed of volunteers. We rely on local residents like you to carry out our humanitarian work in your community. If you would like to volunteer as a part of the Home Fire Campaign, please fill out the following form, contact us at email@example.com, and we will give you information on the next event in your area.
Local Stories and Photos
Local people helped by the Red Cross Home Fire Campaign
Photos of local volunteers events
Partner With UsGet Involved and Help Save Lives
Would you like more information about the American Red Cross Home Fire Campaign?
1. The Red Cross and its partners will install a limited number of free smoke alarms for those who cannot afford to purchase smoke alarms or for those who are physically unable to install a smoke alarm.
2. The Red Cross installs a limited number of specialized bedside alarms for individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
3. A number of organizations are partnering with the Red Cross to accomplish the goals of our Home Fire Campaign. Depending on where you live and other factors, it is possible that we will forward your request to one of our partner organizations so they can contact you to set up an appointment.
4. The NCCR region provides installation services in their region only. If you live outside of this area and would like to identify your local region office, please visit RedCross.org (or call 1-800-REDCROSS).
5. If you are able to purchase and install your own smoke alarm, but would like information on home fire safety and smoke alarm installation, please visit redcross.org/homefire.