Nominate your hero for recognition by your local Red Cross! American Red Cross chapters in Colorado honor local everyday heroes during annual events like the Breakfast of Champions, as well as through other methods of recognition, such as Red Cross Lifesaver Awards and recognition on our Web site.
Heroes don't have to be individuals - they can be groups, companies, organizations, or even pets!
Examples of the types of heroes that are chosen for recognition include:
- Someone who saved a life within the past year using first aid, CPR or an AED
- A person or organization that embodies the spirit of humanitarian service, volunteerism, commitment to community, compassion, and/or impartial service to help those in need
- Someone who, like Clara Barton, is dedicated to improving the health & well being of others
- A person or organization that demonstrates dedication to preparing for or preventing disasters and emergencies
- Someone who has rendered great support to members of our military
- A member of the armed forces who saved lives through his or her actions.
Individuals who used their Red Cross training to save a life may qualify for a Red Cross Lifesaver Award, in addition to being entered into the running for recognition at their local chapter's annual heroes event.
To download a nomination form for the Pueblo or Colorado Springs event, please Click Here.