Chaired by Tommie Caporella the Broward County Chapter Philanthropy Committee is responsible for helping to secure adequate resources for the organization from a variety of funding sources. Members provide leadership in fundraising and participate in fundraising efforts, both as donors and as volunteer solicitors. The Committee assists in the solicitation, receipt, acknowledgment and recognition of financial support.
To develop and implement fund-raising plans and strategies to achieve the revenue targets. Works in partnership with Executive Director and financial development staff.
Philanthropy Committee member will:
- Review chapter fund-raising plans and recommend strategic activities to maximize the chapter’s potential to raise funds.
- Leverage their network of personal and professional associates to identify, cultivate and steward potential and existing donors of influence and affluence.
- Establish sub-committees focused on the individual, corporate and foundation donor segments.
- Support special events.
- Lead by example with an annual financial donation that is their best gift to set the standard for Board giving in their community.
- Be ambassadors of the entire American Red Cross mission within the community.
- Passionate about promoting the Red Cross mission and has an interest in fundraising strategic planning.
- Commitment to the American Red Cross and its values.
- Understands the organization’s objectives, services, and the responsibilities and relationships of working with donors, volunteers and partners.
- Diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Strong communication skills and comfortable with use of email, web and social media
- Demonstrated interested in promoting volunteerism.
- Interest, knowledge, and influence in the community with personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion to support the community.
For more information please contact PaulaPrendergast@redcross.org.