Idaho Home Fire Campaign
The Red Cross is working to reduce death and injury from home fires by 25% by 2020.
American Red Cross Home Fire Campaign
Please call 800-853-2570 to enquire whether the installation of free smoke alarms is available in your community.
Smoke alarms and other fire safety equipment can help you gain precious seconds to escape from a home fire.
Help us Sound the Alarm
This fall, the Red Cross will launch Sound the Alarm, a series of home fire safety and smoke alarm installation events nationwide. Volunteers will install 100,000 free smoke alarms in high risk neighborhoods, culminating in the installation of the one millionth smoke alarm!
Since 2014, the Red Cross, in partnership with fire departments and other local groups, has visited homes installing free smoke alarms, replacing batteries in existing alarms and providing fire prevention and safety education to prevent needless tragedies. Join us today in helping to save lives.
Join us at our Sound the Alarm, Save a Life event in Boise on September 29 and 30 in West Boise!
Our Partners in Home Fire Prevention
The Sound the Alarm, Save a Life event in Boise is made possible by the generous support from the following corporations and foundations:
Get InvolvedThere are several ways you can get involved with Sound the Alarm:
The Red Cross Responds to a Home Fire or Other Disaster Every 8 Minutes.In the Idaho & Montana Region, the Red Cross and its partners have:
Read Stories From People Helped by the Home Fire Campaign
Other Ways to Help
Help Kids Prepare
1. The Red Cross and its partners will install a limited number of free smoke alarms for those who cannot afford to purchase smoke alarms or for those who are physically unable to install a smoke alarm.
2. The Red Cross installs a limited number of specialized bedside alarms for individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
3. A number of organizations are partnering with the Red Cross to accomplish the goals of our Home Fire Campaign. Depending on where you live and other factors, it is possible that we will forward your request to one of our partner organizations so they can contact you to set up an appointment.
4. The Idaho region provides installation services in their region only. If you live outside of this area and would like to identify your local region office, please visit RedCross.org (or call 1-800-REDCROSS).
5. If you are able to purchase and install your own smoke alarm, but would like information on home fire safety and smoke alarm installation, please visit redcross.org/homefire.