Founded in 2001, The Young Professionals Auxiliary Board is a dedicated group of mission-minded young professionals who support the American Red Cross through fundraising activities. Our 25 Auxiliary Board members represent a wide demographic of young professionals, from ages 23 to 45. Raising an average of $20,000 annually, proceeds from membership and fundraising events support the life-saving mission of the American Red Cross in our community, across the country and around the world.
By volunteering for the world’s most recognized charity, Auxiliary Board members play a valuable role in furthering the life-saving mission of the American Red Cross. Members benefit from networking opportunities with fellow philanthropic young professionals and career development opportunities. There are also a host of leadership opportunities in a range of areas, including Auxiliary Board positions, event planning committees, membership committees and third party fundraising.
For more information on the Auxiliary Board or becoming a member, please contact Sally Taylor, Membership Chair, at email@example.com.
Special Events and Committees
Each year, the Auxiliary Board hosts four Mingling for a Mission events. These social networking events bring together approximately 150 young professionals at a trendy Chicago venue for an evening of drinks, food, silent auctions, and networking, all for a good cause. Opportunities to focus primarily on Mingling are available to Auxiliary Board members through the Mingling for a Mission planning committee.
A committee is put in place to contribute to Team Red Cross. Team Red Cross brings together runners of all ages and abilities in support of the American Red Cross mission for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon and the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K. Auxiliary Board members on this committee will assist in runner recruitment, marathon promotion, and day of logistics, among other responsibilities.
A third Auxiliary Board committee assists in planning the Red Cross Classic. The Red Cross Classic brings together nearly 200 golfers each year who enjoy a great day on the golf course at Sunset Ridge Country Club in support of disaster relief. Members of this committee will assist in auction solicitation and day of logistics for the tournament.
Interested in committees outside of event planning and fundraising? The Auxiliary Board also has a Marketing Committee and Membership Committee. These two groups focus on promoting the Auxiliary Board, recruiting new members, and marketing our events.
Requirements & Application
- Make a meaningful gift annually to the American Red Cross. 100% of your donation goes to support the lifesaving mission of the American Red Cross.
- Attend at least 9 of the 12 monthly Auxiliary Board meetings.
- Be an active member of at least one Auxiliary Board committee (Mingling for a Mission, Red Cross Classic, Team Red Cross, Marketing, and Membership).
- May require attending supplemental meetings, joining conference calls and doing work outside of scheduled monthly meetings.
- Contribute to committee’s fundraising efforts by being active and involved in the planning process for the event.
- Attend the event(s) your committee is responsible for & be actively engaged in the execution of the event.
- Attend on-going Auxiliary Board events for networking, volunteering, and leadership opportunities.
- Must be between the ages of 23 and 40 at time of application.
Auxiliary Board Members
Jeanine Pekkarinen | Auxiliary Society Chair
Kamryn McPike | Marketing Chair
Sally Taylor | Membership Chair
Amy Fabbiano | Mingling for a Mission Co-Chair
Andrea Metzger | Mingling for a Mission Co-Chair
Alec Meyerholz | Red Cross Classic Co-Chair
Savannah Murin | Red Cross Classic Co-Chair
Allison Whitley | Team Red Cross Chair