We are seeking nominations for the Wichita Heroes Breakfast. The Heroes among us reflect what is best in our community. They are ordinary people whose actions demonstrate the potential that is in all of us. Heroes are selected based on the degree to which their acts of heroism and kindness uphold the values and vision of the American Red Cross, leaving a lasting and positive impact on the residents of our community.
If someone is a Hero in your eyes, we encourage you to nominate them today!
- Nominee must live or work in south-central Kansas.
- Heroic acts that occurred after July 1, 2013 will be given priority
- Nomination deadline is August 29, 2014.
- The Hero nominee must live or work in, or the Heroic act must have occurred in south-central Kansas.
- If the act of kindness, courage or compassion does not represent an ongoing commitment to the community (one year or more) then it should have occurred on or after July 1, 2013 for top priority. Other nominees will be considered but events occurring within this timeframe will be preferred.
- Nominations involving a single incident and nominations involving an on-going commitment to their community are equal in significance and one is not preferred over the other.
- A Hero who impacted 500 people is not necessarily a better choice than a Hero who impacted one individual.
All nominations will be reviewed by a selection committee and the 2014 Heroes will be announced in November. Heroes will be recognized at the annual Heroes Breakfast on December 10. Please contact Miah at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (316) 219-4088 for questions.