Registration for the Academy is now open. The cost to attend the Academy is $65, which includes Continental Breakfast, Lunch, and snacks. Ready Rating members and United Way partners receive a reduced registration of $30. Scholarships may be available. Contact Bill Engfehr for details at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-516-2753.
Our Region. Our Risks. Our Response.
After a disaster, many affected businesses never reopen. For your organization’s survival--and to ensure the safety of your staff and associates--you need to be prepared for emergencies. The American Red Cross is here to help.
From cyber security, to workplace violence, to natural disasters, learn how to mitigate and manage risks before disaster strikes. Our Emergency Preparedness Academy joins emergency planning and response leaders from around the Midwest to learn how to build a culture of preparedness.
The next Academy will be held on Thursday September 14, 2017, 7:30 am to 3:30 pm at the Grand Hall on Chouteau (2319 Chouteau Ave., St. Louis, MO 63103).
Contact Bill Engfehr for information at email@example.com.
- Brian Blake - Central U.S Earthquake Hazards: Are You Ready?
- Brandon Robbins - What is Business Continuity Planning?
- Jim Sharp - Cyber-Crime Awareness and Orientation
- Jennifer Donley - 10 Steps to Prepare Your Building or Facility for Emergencies
- Laurie Furman and Alynn Schmitt McManus - Recognizing and Responding to Post Traumatic Stress
- Dan Hoerschgen - Anyone Can Be Involved in Homeland Security
- Dennis Hohl - Will Your Plan Work?
- Dave Reddick - Business Continuity Tool: Dispensing Emergency Medications at the Workplace
- Rob Wylie - First Care Providers—Building Truly Resilient Communities
The following documents and resource links are from the September 22, 2016, Preparedness Academy.
The following documents and resource links were taken from our Preparedness Academy held on March 10, 2016.
Rev. William Engfehr discusses what you should be telling your congregation before, during and after an emergency. Rev. Engfehr was the senior pastor at Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Collinsville, IL, from 1993-2013 and is a chaplain for the Illinois State Police. He is currently a member of the Southern Illinois Critical Incident Team as well as the Greater St. Louis Critical Incident Stress Management Team. He is a Preparedness Specialist with the Red Cross.
Rev. Engfehr is available to speak to groups of clergy and religious leaders about:
For more information, or to schedule a presentation, contact Bill Engfehr at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.516.2753.