Once again, the American Red Cross and the St. Louis Rams are partnering to encourage the St. Louis community to send holiday wishes to active military, their families and veterans in homes and hospitals. This year the effort is expanding to include a holiday card design competition. The winning design will be printed on 20,000 cards, signed by residents throughout the region and distributed to our military heroes.
We know your students have talent! We are asking them to share that talent with those who have served. Please encourage students to join the card design competition.
- HERE ARE THE GUIDELINES:
- To be eligible, artist must be in grades K-8.
- Design must be holiday based; medium can be paint, pencil, pen, markers, crayons or photograph.
- Format is 8.5” by 11,” vertical or horizontal.
- Design should be directed toward members of the military or veterans.
- Design should be original and suitable for publication; appropriate language is essential.
- The selected design will be generic and not reflect a particular tradition ... Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc.
- All entries must be received by September 22, 2014.
Send art as JPEG or PDF to StlCommunications@redcross.org or mail original to:
American Red Cross
10195 Corporate Square Dr.
St Louis, MO 63132
- Mailed entries must be postmarked by Monday, September 22, 2014.
- All artwork submitted becomes property of the American Red Cross.
Thank you for your participation!
To print a flyer for the design competition, Click Here.