Celebrate the 10th anniversary of American Red Cross Southeastern Pennsylvania’s one of a kind Red Cross House – The Center for Disaster Recovery by donating and engraving a brick to be placed on the front of the Red Cross House for all to see.
Your brick can honor a loved one, company, or organization. By buying a brick, you help ensure Red Cross House is there for disaster survivors for many years to come.
You can choose from four different sizes. The bigger the brick, the more you can say.
Red Cross House is a short-term recovery center located in University City for families displaced by disaster in Southeastern Pennsylvania. Red Cross House is not a shelter.
Without Red Cross House, many families left homeless by disaster would most likely go to a homeless shelter, with an average stay longer than six months, with no guarantee that family members will stay together.
Residents of Red Cross House stay an average of 21 and when they leave, they are on the path to normal and independent living once again.
- The ability for all family members to stay together
- Their own room, complete with bathroom and kitchenette
- Three meals a day
- A caseworker assigned to work with them on creating and implementing a unique recovery plan
- A safe, locked facility with 24 hour security, including a locked storage area for their belongings
- Convenient University City location with easy access to public transportation
- Mental health and spiritual counseling
- Indoor and outdoor play areas
- Access to computers and the internet for job and housing searches along with educational attainment
- Fire safety and prevention, financial literacy, tenant rights, tutorial searches for children and other recovery related workshops
Construction of the brick path is slated to begin in the fall of 2013. Don’t miss your chance to leave a lasting legacy and help a great cause.
To order a brick, download and fill out the order form or call Mary Ann at (215) 405-8530.