The Palmetto SC Region of the American Red Cross provides vital services to the residents of South Carolina including disaster relief, health and safety classes, blood collection for hospitals and services to the armed forces.
- Assisted 7,118 individuals affected by disaster, mainly single-family home fires
- Trained 77,517 people in life-saving skills such as CPR/AED, Aquatics and First Aid
- Provided 9,724 emergency communication services to members of the military and their families
- Distributed 119,078 units of red blood cells to area hospitals
- Managed 4,040 Red Cross volunteers