In South Carolina, the Red Cross responds to a home fire every 3.9 hours. In partnership with the South Carolina Office of State Fire Marshal, the South Carolina Firefighters Association, corporate partners, and community organizations, over the next two years, we will be installing 50,000 working smoke alarms for free in South Carolina homes and educating people on fire prevention and safety.
Our goal is to decrease by 25% the number of fatalities and injuries due to home fires by empowering the people of South Carolina to help protect their families, homes, and communities. Join us today!
1. The Red Cross and its partners will install a limited number of free smoke alarms for those who cannot afford to purchase smoke alarms or for those who are physically unable to install a smoke alarm.
2. The Red Cross installs a limited number of specialized bedside alarms for individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
3. A number of organizations are partnering with the Red Cross to accomplish the goals of our Home Fire Campaign. Depending on where you live and other factors, it is possible that we will forward your request to one of our partner organizations so they can contact you to set up an appointment.
4. The Los Angeles region provides installation services in their region only. If you live outside of this area and would like to identify your local region office, please visit RedCross.org (or call 1-800-REDCROSS).
5. If you are able to purchase and install your own smoke alarm, but would like information on home fire safety and smoke alarm installation, please visit redcross.org/homefire.