We are now accepting applications for our 2018 Leadership Development Camp. To schedule your interview, please contact Heather McKinnon at 801-688-2699 or Meesh Gapinski at 801-209-2266. Then please PRINT and fill out the application below and bring it with you to your scheduled interview.
We will stop accepting delegates when the spots are full.
Who: Youth in 9th, 10th, and 11th grades during the 2017-2018 school year
When: LDC 2018 is set for June 25-29th (this is an overnight camp)
Where: Held at Camp Pinecliff, near Coalville UT (Busses transport from the Red Cross Chapters in Ogden and Murrary)
What: The price includes all lodging, materials and activities associated with the camp
How Much: Only $200. Some scholarships are available based on need. Please complete the scholarship application and bring this with you to the interview.
Application Steps At-A-Glance
1) Call Heather McKinnon at 801-688-2699 or Meesh Gapinski at 801-209-2266 for an interview
2) Print off application, complete it, and bring it with you to your interview
3) A parent or legal guardian must accompany you to your interview
4) Pay your non-refundable camp fee on the day of interview
5) You and at least one of your parents or legal guardian must attend an orientation session in the spring
6) Attend Camp
7) Graduate to awesomeness
The American Red Cross of Utah will be holding its eighth annual High School Leadership Development Camp (LDC). LDC is designed not only for students who already have held any type of leadership position but also those who have no leadership experience yet have the desire to someday serve in a leadership role. The camp is also designed for students who feel they are not the type of person for a leadership role but would like to learn how they, with their own set of values and characteristics, can help in their schools, churches and communities in other ways.
The Utah Region Leadership Development Camp offers youth one of the most pivotal, introspective, experiences guaranteed to change them forever. Youth have the opportunity to learn about and improve leadership skills, clarify values, and gain appreciation for diversity and community involvement. This is no boring lecture only camp! It’s an extremely fun, positive and powerful week.
The cost of the camp includes all lodging, food, transportation and expenses for the whole week. Some scholarships are available for those who fit within the income guidelines. Full payment is due at the time of your interview. Payment is required to hold your place at camp. If conflicts arise $100 of the fee is refundable if you withdraw from camp prior to January 31, 2018. If you cancel for any reason after January 31, 2018 the entire $200 camp fee cannot be refunded. Since we will have applicants on a waiting list you will not be allowed to find someone to take your spot and use the camp fee that you have paid.
Our spots fill up very quickly; please reserve your interview spot as soon as possible. Your spot is not reserved until after you have completed and turned in this application, had your interview and were extended an invitation to camp at the interview, and paid the entire $200 camp fee.
All accepted delegates and their parents/guardians will be required to attend an orientation. At that orientation, they will receive information about American Red Cross Youth Services, an extension of our Leadership Program, a packing list for camp and more information about bus departure times etc. Delegates and parents must plan on attending one orientation session. Orientation meetings will take place in May 2017. All delegates will be notified by email once dates have been determined. Emails will be sent to the email addresses you provide on the application. Please ensure they are accurate and legible.
Click here for an LDC 2018 Application
Click here for an LDC 2018 Scholarship Application
- “My whole perspective on life has changed, I can do anything…”
- “I realize that even though we haven’t known each other for a lifetime, I really am a gift to everyone I meet...”
- “This week I learned more about myself than I thought possible…”
- "Definitely send your son or daughter to this. It is part of his or her coming of age in my opinion. I have two younger children who I will be sending to this program as well with no hesitation. Top notch program..."
- "It's an incredible week of growth in building self-worth, care and understanding of others, and in developing positive leadership abilities."
- "The staff and the ideas behind this camp will have a lasting impression on the kids that will attend for a lifetime. I know that when my two boys came home they could not say enough about what they learned about themselves and about the kids they were fortunate enough to meet.”
If you have any further questions regarding this camp, please contact either of the following persons:
cell: (801) 688-2699