Ready Neighborhoods is an innovative four-year initiative designed to help strengthen emergency resilience in 50 targeted neighborhoods throughout the region. In April 2013, the initiative was awarded with the Federal Emergency Management Agency's 2012 Community Preparedness Award.
This collaborative effort is led by individuals and organizations within each community and supported by the American Red Cross in partnership with Pacific Gas and Electric Company.
Read more about this partnership and our annual Prep Rally to get the whole community excited about being prepared.
- Alameda County: Hayward and Oakland (East Oakland and Elmhurst)
- Contra Costa County: Antioch, Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond (Iron Triangle)
- Marin County: Marin City, San Rafael (Canal), Richardson’s Bay
- San Francisco County: San Francisco (Bayview, Chinatown and Tenderloin)
- San Mateo County: East Palo Alto, North Fair Oaks, Redwood City (North East Redwood City ), San Mateo
- Solano County: Fairfield, Suisun City and Vallejo (North Vallejo)