Raising money for the Red Cross is a great way to build teamwork, augment your public relations efforts and make a difference in the community. Review our list of fundraising ideas – or develop your own great ideas – and tailor them to your group’s needs and resources.
All groups interested in organizing a fundraiser should contact us at (866) 311-3832 and ask about third party fundraising.
Important Note: In order to be recognized and supported as a valid Red Cross fundraising event or campaign, your group must fill out and sign our Third-Party Fundraising Agreement and must not participate in any door-to-door fundraising or solicitation to businesses. The Red Cross does not provide canisters or collection boxes for fundraising purposes.
- Hold a “dress-down” day at the office or school and have each dressed-down employee or student donate.
- Hold a bake sale at high school sporting events.
- Ask members of your civic group to donate.
- Retail outlets, banks and restaurants can have a customer donation program.
- Ask vendors, neighbors, friends, family and associates to support your efforts.
- Hold a car wash or a dinner dance.
- Ask patrons to donate change at the register or hold a coin drive at your school.
- Auto dealerships can donate to the Red Cross each time someone takes a car for a test-drive
- Hold a run, walk, bike ride, rocking chair, or dance marathon.
- Hold a garage sale.
- Host a battle of the bands and charge admission with proceeds benefiting the Red Cross.
- Hold a craft and/or art fair.
- Hold an all-school or all-company talent show. Charge admission and donate the proceeds to the Red Cross. Sell video tapes of the event to raise even more funds!
- Sell roses or valentines during Valentine's Day.
- Hold a potato-sack race or obstacle course.
- Hold a carnival with portions of the ride proceeds benefiting the Red Cross.
- Put your favorite teacher or executive in a dunk-tank and charge for chances.
- Mow lawns or walk dogs to support the chapter.