Domestic Disaster Matching through the Caterpillar Foundation
The Caterpillar Foundation is a member of the American Red Cross Annual Disaster Giving Program (ADGP). This program provides a funding base that allows the Red Cross to respond immediately to the needs of individuals and families impacted by disasters around the world. This model has proven to be efficient and effective in immediately meeting disaster relief needs, ensuring the Red Cross has the funds to prepare for disasters before they occur.
Matching Gifts Information
In addition to our investment in the ADGP, individual Caterpillar employee, retiree and dealer employee contributions made via personal credit or debit card are eligible for matching funds, up to a total of $200K per year. Contract/agency employees are not eligible for matching funds.
- The Foundation is not able to match check or cash contributions.
- The Foundation cannot match pooled sums collected by employees at facilities and dealerships. Please note that asking other employees for contributions is a violation of the Caterpillar solicitation policy.
- The Foundation is not able to match corporate contributions from Caterpillar Dealerships.
- To direct your contribution to assist with a specific disaster, select the name from the available list on the Red Cross website. (Note: The Foundation match is applied to the general disaster fund.)
- Please note “Other Amount” entered must be in U.S. dollar, however charges will reflected in the local currency of the credit card.
The American Red Cross is only able to accept funds for disasters where an appeal for funding is currently in place.