Group Volunteer Opportunities (GVO) engage multiple volunteers and/or external organizations in ways to volunteer with the American Red Cross as a group. As a one-time event, GVOs offers a new and exciting way for everyone, Red Cross volunteer or not, to get involved!
Curious about how you might be able to help as a group? Here are some examples:
- Preparedness Canvassing: Connecting communities with preparedness and Red Cross information by canvassing a designated street or neighborhood.
- Prepare and Share Kit Drives: Create disaster preparedness kits for your group or donate to another of your choice (Financial contribution required for supplies).
- Volunteer Thank-A-Thon: Make thank you calls to valued volunteers for their generous contributions.
- Holiday Mail for Heroes: Sign or Sort holiday cards for service men and women with the Red Cross (During October-December Only)
- Special Events: The Red Cross hosts special events all over the state and we need volunteer help! Whether it is our Gumbo Cook Off, a Marathon, A Gala, or Paint the Town Red, there are opportunities for groups to help us pull off our special events.
To make a request for your group to get involved, or to check local availability, please review our Group Volunteer Opportunities Guide. This guide contains a full list of GVOs and instructions on getting started.
Thank you for your interest in Group Volunteer Opportunities with the American Red Cross Alabama Region. We are look forward to working with and alongside your group of co-workers, classmates, family or friends!