Michigan Home Fire Campaign
The Red Cross is working to reduce death and injury from home fires by 25% by 2020.
American Red Cross Home Fire Campaign
Do You Need a Smoke Alarm?
Help us Sound the Alarm
This spring the Red Cross will launch Sound the Alarm, a series of home fire safety and smoke alarm installation events nationwide. Volunteers will install 100,000 free smoke alarms in high risk neighborhoods, culminating in the installation of the one millionth smoke alarm!
Since 2014, the Red Cross, in partnership with fire departments and other local groups, has visited homes installing free smoke alarms, replacing batteries in existing alarms and providing fire prevention and safety education to prevent needless tragedies. Join us today in helping to save lives.
Get InvolvedThere are several ways you can get involved with Sound the Alarm:
Partner With UsGet Involved and Help Save Lives
The Red Cross Responds to a Home Fire or Other Disaster Every 8 Minutes.In Michigan the Red Cross and its partners have:
Installed more than 10,000 smoke alarms
Created more than 2,000 evacuation plans
Conducted more than 2,600 in-home visits in our region
Positively impacted more than 7,000 residents in communities across our region
Home Fire Campaign In Action
Thank You To Our Sound The Alarm National Sponsors
1. The Red Cross and its Home Fire Campaign partners will install a limited number of free smoke alarms in all homes requesting assistance. We encourage everyone to sign up for these free installations, particularly those who cannot afford to purchase smoke alarms or individuals who are physically unable to install a smoke alarm.
2. The Red Cross installs a limited number of specialized bedside alarms for individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
3. A number of organizations are partnering with the Red Cross to accomplish the goals of our Home Fire Campaign. Depending on where you live and other factors, it is possible that we will forward your request to one of our partner organizations so they can contact you to set up an appointment.
4. The Michigan Region provides installation services in Michigan only. If you live outside of this area and would like to identify your local region office, please visit RedCross.org (or call 1-800-REDCROSS).
5. If you are able to purchase and install your own smoke alarm, but would like information on home fire safety and smoke alarm installation, please visit redcross.org/homefire.