American Red Cross Youth Vision Statement
The American Red Cross will provide the premier environment for youth and young adults to learn, practice and exemplify humanitarian values.
American Red Cross Club Mission
Through hundreds of Red Cross clubs across the country, youth and young adult volunteers support the American Red Cross mission to prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies. Red Cross clubs are an extension of the local Red Cross providing students opportunities for training, leadership development, and the ability to choose activities that address their community’s greatest needs. Red Cross Clubs empower students and faculty with Red Cross knowledge and life-saving skills to help prepare their schools and communities to respond to emergencies.
Each club is encouraged to perform at least two service projects during the year (one in the fall and one in the spring). During these projects, the youth will perform volunteer work on behalf of the American Red Cross. We highly encourage projects that are directly related to our many lines of service such as:
- Disaster Readiness and Response
- International Relief and Immunization
- Health and Safety Training
- Military Services
Clubs will be provided a menu of service opportunities and guidance from the Chapter.
Fundraising is also highly encouraged amongst the clubs to teach students about the importance of philanthropy. However, because the Red Cross Clubs are extensions of the American Red Cross, fundraising must be limited to supporting the American Red Cross and its mission.
Youth Leadership Development Conference
Every spring all high school students are invited to attend our Leadership Development Conference. Our dynamic speakers, engaging workshops and hands-on activities help the youth members achieve their goals to become better leaders in their schools and communities.
The 2016 conference was hosted by the Bauer College of Business at the University of Houston and had workshops on everything from Fundraising 101 to International Humanitarian Law. Many workshops were taught by experts in the field.
Our next Leadership Development Conference will be scheduled for April 8, 2017. Check back in January for information regarding registration!
- Executive Chair: Angela Liu, Senior, Bellaire High School
- Vice Chair: Edward Cen, Senior, Bellaire High School
- Communications Chair: Anushka Gupta, Sophomore, Cy Ranch High School
- Marketing Chair: Joyce Park, Junior, Stratford High School
- Co-Events Chair: Aysiah Garza, Senior, La Feria High School
- Co-Events Chair: Varsha Vasu, Junior, Travis High School
- Membership Chair: Katlin Webb, Senior, Westside High School
- Co-Logistics Chair: Samantha Su, Junior, Bellaire High School
- Co-Logistics Chair: Ally Sun, Junior, Bellaire High School
- YSC Sponsor: Francesca Sebastian