pints of blood per year
blood donations are needed daily
blood donors per year in the U.S.
the Red Cross has been collecting & distributing blood
someone in the U.S. needs blood
The mission of the blood services advisory council is to help find creative ways to increase community participation in planning blood drives and educational events to support the lifesaving work of the American Red Cross Blood Services.
- Mobilize and advocate for blood services
- Implement quarterly annual blood services awareness event
- Fundraise for blood services needs
- Quarterly meetings and updates on blood services programs, events and initiatives
- Once a year, in person Strategic Planning Meeting held in Q4
- Members include chapter board members & community members passionate about blood services
- Be willing to learn about blood service programs both nationally and locally
- Identify new potential advisory council members & financial donors
- Advocate for local blood service programs to increase blood collections, especially during times of shortage – assist with and organize at least one blood drives in your own community per year
- Support blood services programs with an annual gift to maintain 100% giving participation
- Attend and help to implement one quarterly blood services awareness event in your region (East Bay, Peninsula, San Francisco, South Bay).