Southern Nevada Home Fire Campaign
The Red Cross is working to reduce death and injury from home fires by 25% by 2020.
American Red Cross Home Fire Campaign
Can your family escape in just 2 minutes? You can keep your family safe with 2 simple steps.
Step 1. Practice your 2-minute drill. Make sure your family can safely escape a home fire in under 2 minutes. Use our worksheets (found in the resource links below) to plan and prepare your 2-minute drill today.
Step 2. Test your smoke alarms monthly. Make sure you and your family are alerted as soon as a fire is detected. If the smoke alarm isn't working, change the batteries.
Do You Need A Smoke Alarm?To schedule an appointment to have a smoke alarm installed please call 702-697-1707
Volunteer To Help Save Lives!
Home fires are the most common disaster. Seven times a day in the U.S. someone dies in a home fire. Every 40 minutes an injury from a fire is reported.
You can make a difference by taking steps to protect yourself and your loved ones and by joining the Red Cross to reach out in your local community.
The Red Cross is partnering with local organizations, agencies, clubs, schools and businesses to perform door-to-door outreach days in neighborhoods throughout southern Nevada.
We are seeking volunteers to assist with these efforts as well as to join the Red Cross to help with our ongoing work responding to disasters of all sizes and preparing our community members for emergencies.
If you are interested in participating, please fill out please fill out the Volunteer Interest Form below or join the Red Cross by filling out the Volunteer Application Form.
How You Can Help
1. The Red Cross and its partners will install a limited number of free smoke alarms for those who cannot afford to purchase smoke alarms or for those who are physically unable to install a smoke alarm.
2. The Red Cross installs a limited number of specialized bedside alarms for individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
3. A number of organizations are partnering with the Red Cross to accomplish the goals of our Home Fire Campaign. Depending on where you live and other factors, it is possible that we will forward your request to one of our partner organizations so they can contact you to set up an appointment.
4. The Utah and Nevada region provides installation services in their only. If you live outside of this area and would like to identify your local region office, please visit RedCross.org (or call 1-800-REDCROSS).
5. If you are able to purchase and install your own smoke alarm, but would like information on home fire safety and smoke alarm installation, please visit redcross.org/homefire.