It’s the holiday season! And along with the festivity and fun arrives the much anticipated holiday stress with travel to plan, gifts to buy and cooking to commence.
Amid the hustle and bustle, the American Red Cross has tips to help families and individuals cope with the heightened anxiety of the season.
How to Reduce Holiday Stress
1. Remember to eat healthy. Try to keep a balanced diet and drink lots of water.
2. Get plenty of rest. With so much to do, it may be difficult to have enough time to rest or get adequate sleep. Giving your body and mind a break can boost your ability to cope with the stress you may be experiencing.
3. Set priorities. Tackle that to-do list in small steps.
4. Be patient with yourself and those around you.
5. Stay connected with family and friends. Everyone is in it together, so ask for help if you need it and help them if you can.
For more information to keep you healthy and safe this holiday, including travel safety tips, cooking safety and home fire prevention, visit the preparedness section of the Red Cross website.