The Red Cross and community partners have opened additional shelters in northern and eastern Colorado in response to the flood surge spreading east. The Red Cross has also opened a shelter in Granby to help 175 children evacuated from a youth camp in the mountains.
Grand County sent a school bus today to pick up 21 adults and 154 7th graders stranded at a campground near Estes Park, and as of this news release they were currently making their way across Trail Ridge Road on their way to Granby.
The Red Cross has opened up a shelter at East Grand Middle School in Granby for the night and will also be providing food. A commercial bus will be picking the evacuees up in the morning and taking them home.
Meanwhile, numerous shelters in Colorado remain open to support those seeking refuge from widespread flooding, and some shelters and evacuation centers have closed in areas where evacuations have been lifting or residents no longer needed sheltering services.
These shelters remain open as of 6 p.m.:
Red Cross-managed shelters include:
• East Grand Middle School, Granby
• Mapleton YMCA, 2850 Mapleton Ave., Boulder
• Erie Community Center, 40 Powers St., Erie
• Mountain View Bible Fellowship Church, 1575 S. St. Vrain Ave., Estes Park
• Timberline Church, 2908 S. Timberline Rd., Ft Collins
• Thompson School District R2-J Administration Office, 800 S. Taft Ave., Loveland
• Mead High School, 12750 CR 7, Longmont
• Longmont Recreation Center, 310 Quail Road, Longmont
The Red Cross is also in touch with and providing information, guidance, resources and/or support for these shelters and evacuation points managed by other organizations:
• Life Bridge Church, 10345 Ute Hwy, Longmont
• Burger Recreation Center, 111 W. Baseline Rd., Boulder
• Niwot High School, 8789 Niwot Rd., Niwot
• St. Vrain Memorial Building, 700 Longs Peak Ave., Longmont
• Roosevelt High School, 616 N. 2nd Street, Johnstown
• Milliken Middle School, 66 Irene Ave., Milliken
• Tavelli Elementary School, 1118 Miramont Dr., Fort Collins
• Greeley Recreation Center, 651 10th Ave., Greeley
These shelters have closed due to evacuations being lifted or residents not seeking assistance at the site:
• Adams City High School, Commerce City
• First Presbyterian Church-Weber Street Center, Colorado Springs
• Arvada High School, Arvada
• Evie Dennis School, Denver