With the assistance of Stevens-Henager College and Snake River Landing, the American Red Cross of Greater Idaho will hold a series of events in March to celebrate the month and educate those interested in preparedness and giving.
• They will be hosting a series of classes for Snake River Landing businesses on how to prepare for a disaster and how to run a shelter until Red Cross volunteers arrive
• On March 13th, a blood drive will be held at Stevens-Henager College
• On March 22nd from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., the Snake River Landing businesses will practice their newly honed skills by performing a full-scale shelter simulation at Stevens-Henager College
• March 25-29th students of the Sandcreek Middle School in Ammon will be participating in a Preparedness Week by receiving disaster education, creating family emergency plans and learning how to make a 72-hour kit.
• Mayors Jared Fuhriman of Idaho Falls and Brian Blad of Pocatello have both signed Proclamations declaring March as Red Cross Month in their communities.
For more information about any of these events, call Trevor Covington – 208-390-0848