The Red Cross mobilizes the power of volunteers to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies, and during National Volunteer Week, April 15-21, recognizes and salutes an estimated 650,000 Red Cross volunteers.
Volunteers are central to the work of the Red Cross in communities across the country, as on average, the Red Cross has 15 volunteers for every one employee.
Red Cross volunteers are united by their service and the feeling that in changing others’ lives, their lives are also changed. They...
- Teach first aid, CPR, swimming and other lifesaving skills.
- Respond to disasters and reconnect families separated by disasters or conflict.
- Support blood drives across the country.
- Help military families in the U.S. and overseas.
- Serve in Red Cross leadership positions across the country.
You can make a difference by getting involved with the Red Cross. National Volunteer Week is the perfect time to explore volunteer opportunities.