Nearly every day, Coloradoans in our community act selflessly and heroically to save lives and help others at their time of greatest need. The Red Cross is asking the public to help identify these heroes so that they can be recognized at the annual American Red Cross Celebrating Community Heroes.
The Red Cross is seeking nominations of local heroes, such as:
• Someone who saved a life within the past year using first aid, CPR or an AED
• A person or organization that embodies the spirit of humanitarian service, volunteerism, commitment to community, compassion, and/or impartial service to help those in need
• Someone who is dedicated to improving the health & safety of others
• A person or organization that demonstrates dedication to preparing for or preventing disasters and emergencies
• Someone who has rendered great support to members of our military
• A member of the armed forces who saved lives through his or her actions.
Heroes can be individuals, groups, companies, organizations, and even pets.
Winners will be honored Thursday, June 1, 2016, at the Red Cross Celebrating Community Heroes, a celebration of the Red Cross spirit as exemplified in life-saving heroes in Colorado. It’s also the American Red Cross Northern Colorado Area’s largest fundraiser of the year. All proceeds benefit local Red Cross services.
Nominations may be submitted online at www.redcross.org/colorado-nominate. The deadline to submit nominations for Celebrating Community Heroes is March 31, 2016.
Celebrating Community Heroes will take place from 6-9 p.m., Thursday, June 1, at the Lory Student Center, 1101 Central Ave Mall, Fort Collins. Sponsorships are available. For more information, visit http://www.redcross.org/news/event/Celebrating-Community-Heroes.