It’s Red Cross Month - a time to recognize our country’s everyday heroes who give their time to help people in need. Want to be a hero too? It’s easy. Become part of the Red Cross.
Here are five ways you can be a hero:
1. Become a Red Cross volunteer. There are many ways you can help in your local community.
2. Give blood and help a patient in their battle to overcome illness.
3. Take a class. Get the information, skills and confidence to be able to help during an emergency.
4. Make a plan. Gather household members and develop a plan to prepare you for emergencies.
5. Make a financial donation. Your donation will allow us to help those in need.
“Our heroes leave their everyday lives and roll up their sleeves to help people,” said Gail McGovern, president and chief executive officer, American Red Cross. “They are volunteers from your neighborhood who exemplify what is great about our country – how we help each other in time of need.”
The American Red Cross has been helping people in need for more than 130 years. And much of our work is accomplished through the work of our volunteers. The Red Cross:
During March, become an everyday hero, become a part of the Red Cross. More information is available on how you can help through your local Red Cross chapter or by visiting the “Ways to Help” information on this web site.
About our March is Red Cross Month Partners:
This March is Red Cross Month, the American Red Cross is especially grateful for the support of U.S. Bank and Wawa, two corporate supporters that have joined us in recognizing and supporting Everyday Heroes and their impact on our communities. Both companies are making it easy for their customers across the country to give back this month and honor the individuals that make our work possible. Thanks to the contributions of these and other corporate friends, the Red Cross is able to carry out its mission of helping people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies every day here and around the world.