It’s Red Cross Month and the American Red Cross is recognizing our nation’s everyday heroes who help those in need in their community.
These selfless individuals help families find shelter after a home fire. They donate blood to help trauma victims and cancer patients. They deliver comfort items to military members in hospitals around the world. They use their lifesaving skills to save someone from a heart attack, drowning, or choking. They volunteer their time to help those in need.
During Red Cross Month, you can become a hero too by helping the Red Cross alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies.
1. Become a Red Cross volunteer. You can help in your local community.
2. Give blood and help a patient on their road to recovery.
3. Take a class. Get the information, skills and confidence to be able to help during an emergency.
4. Make a plan. Develop a preparedness plan with members of your household.
5. Make a financial donation. Your support will allow us to help those in need.
The Red Cross provides help and support in many ways to people in this country and around the world by:
During March, become an everyday hero, become a part of the Red Cross. More information is available on how you can help through your local Red Cross chapter or by visiting the Red Cross “Ways to Help” information.