Greater Cincinnati/Dayton Regional Training Institute
March 31, April 1, April 2
Who: Disaster volunteers and staff who want/need additional training to improve their skills.
Where: Cincinnati Chapter, 2111 Dana Ave., Cincinnati Phone: 513-579-300
When: Courses are 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; 1:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.; 7:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Continental breakfast starts at 8:00 a.m.; Dinner is served from 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Cost: No charge for Red Cross volunteers from the Cincinnati/Dayton Region. Thoase outside the Region pay $25 for the Institute and $45 for staying overnight regardless of number of days spent at the Institute. Ride-sharing in a vehicle from your local chapter is encouraged.
Housing: Registration options include overnight lodging if needed. Local hotel rooms are available at no charge; two persons per room. A Friday night option includes staying in a staff shelter (with showers) that is set up for use during the Sheltering Simulation course.
Meals: Continental breakfast 8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.; Lunch 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m.; Dinner 5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. (Lunch and dinner are provided only to those who register for those meals.) Local food options are nearby. Daily snacks.
Courses: Complete descriptions are available on the Red Cross "Exchange." Participants are encouraged to select at least one of the following courses: Facilitative Leadership, Mass Care Management, Concept of Operations, Red Cross View.
Registration: Go to Volunteer Connection --> My Shifts --> Disaster Training Institute --> March calendar
- Facilitative Leadership (new)
- Frontline Supervisor
- Disaster Client Assistance Fundamentals
- Facilitative Leadership (cont.)
- Frontline Supervisor Simulation
- CAS 2.0 (2-3 or more courses)
- Public Affairs Fundamentals
- RC View (new)
- CAS 2.0 (more courses)
- Basic Instructor Specialty Training
- Collaborating Essentials
- Supporting Volunteers & Managing Teams (new)
- Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings
- Basic Instructor Specialty Tng (cont)
- Collaborating Essentials (cont)
- Sheltering Fundamentals
- Concept of Operations
- Born on the Battlefield (new)
- Sheltering Simulation
- Disaster Spiritual Care Introduction
- Mass Care Management
- Government Operations
- Disaster Mental Health Fundamentals
- Concept of Operations (repeat)
- Form 5266 Fundamentals
- Mass Care Management (cont)
- Government Operations (cont)
- Supporting Volunteers & Managing Teams (repeat)
- Psychological First Aid
- 5266 Fundamentals (repeat)
Every morning and afternoon
An assistant is available for participants to go online and take EMBARC courses.