The Red Cross will honor nine central Illinois residents tonight at the Annual Heartland Heroes Dinner. These local people exemplify the Red Cross mission and make central Illinois a better place to live, work and play.
- Citizenship Hero, Brian Byers of Decatur.
- Every Day Hero, Ryan Clark of Blue Mound.
- Youth Courage Heroes, Riley Matlock and Grace Shaw of Decatur.
- Youth Courage Heroes, Nicholas Scherer and Austin Conour of Dalton City.
- Valor Award, Brock Dieu of Danville.
- Senior Hero, Don Peterson of Decatur.
- In Memoriam, Pastor B.G. Nevitt
“This is always one of our favorite events,” said Carl Baker, executive director. “It is an opportunity for us to honor local heroes who seldom seek the spotlight.”
- WHEN: Thursday, November 7, 5:30pm
- WHERE: Decatur Hotel and Conference Center, Decatur, IL
- EVENT CONTACT: Tara Winter, (217)519-2353
About Tonight’s Speaker:
Janienne Bella is the Regional Chief Executive Officer for the American Red Cross of Central and Western Oklahoma. Janienne has been with the American Red Cross for over 17 years, serving the first 11 years of her career with the local chapter in Oklahoma City. The Region serves a 47 county jurisdiction in Central and Western Oklahoma. Last summer, Janienne’s chapter jurisdiction was devastated by a series of tornadoes. Her leadership and vision helped to guide the Red Cross effort and gave hope to thousands.