Red Cross assists Quincy residents affected by gas leak

Fire Safety

Today, January 31, 2014, an apartment complex in Quincy had a gas leak. Residents were unaware of gas leak until the Quincy Fire Department knocked on their doors to start evacuation.  Gas was turned off and families were able to retrieve personal belongings.   Emergency services evacuated tenants and brought them to American Red Cross Chapter office in Quincy, IL.  

Volunteers are currently at the chapter  providing client case work.  This involved a total of 7 families including 9 people.  Red Cross is providing emergency lodging.