Oakland, CA (May 18, 2016) - The American Red Cross of the Bay Area is proud to present the Clara Barton Award to Patty Montmorency of Oakland.
The Clara Barton Award for Meritorious Volunteer Leadership recognizes a volunteer for service in a series of leadership positions held over a period of years, enabling the American Red Cross to provide valuable service to the community.
Patricia Montmorency has been an exemplary volunteer leader in the Biomedical Services transportation program in Oakland for a decade. Patty first became involved with the Red Cross through her mother, who was an RN, back when she was in high school. Patty's mother brought her to a blood drive in their hometown, where Patty's job was to receive units of blood directly from the donor's arm, seal, and process.
She is currently a Transportation Specialist Lead volunteer at the Oakland Blood Center, but she supports Biomed in several ways. She has been an invaluable asset, developing training procedures and materials and becoming an instructor par excellence. She recruits, trains, schedules and manages other volunteer drivers and is a key reason for the success for this program. Many departments in Biomedical Services rely on her leadership to help get things done. Her devotion to and passion for Biomedical Services is truly remarkable. Patty is a smart and energetic volunteer who exemplifies the Red Cross and its mission.
Other outstanding volunteers honored at the Volunteer Awards and Recognition Event on May 12 at Dunsmuir Mansion in Oakland include:
• Administration and Support Award: Ted Randolph of Piedmont and Ella Rosales and Lalaine Rosales of Antioch
• Collaboration Award: Tuanh Do of Oakland and Tony Fung of Pleasanton
• Community Engagement Award: Irving Lee of Concord and Richard Fateman of Berkeley
• Biomedical Services Award: John Muccini of Oakland and Christine Patton of Concord
• Biomedical Services Donor of the Year Award: Harry Fujita of Pittsburg and Diane Orsetti of Union CIty
• Biomedical Services Volunteer of the Year: Eugene Barndts of Concord and Norma Perlstein of Berkeley
• Disaster Cycle Service, Outstanding Support Award: Ken Lem of Oakland; John Earthy of Concord
• Disaster Cycle Service, Exceptional Response Award: Dave Crippin of Brentwood and Ed Silva of Oakland
• Disaster Cycle Service, Exceptional Leadership Award: Jack McCredie of Alameda and Diane Taylor of Danville
• Disaster Cycle Service, Extraordinary Commitment and Dedication: Briana Taylor of Lafayette and Dave Dorman of Oakland
• Good Neighbor and Partnership Award: Alameda County VOAD - Volunteer Organizations Active in Disasters and Chris Dupuy of Danville
• Health and Safety Award: John Gee of Oakland
• International Services Award: The Alameda County Restoring Family Links Casework Team – Ola Alani of Oakland and Ashenafi Mamuye of Union City
• New Volunteer of the Year Award: Courtney Anderson of Berkeley and Diane Dupuy of Danville
• Teamwork Award: Darlene Lem of Oakland and Bert Sebilia of Orinda
• Volunteer Leadership Award: Martha Fateman of Berkeley and Peter Liddell of Kensington
• Volunteer Supervisor Award: Robin Jones of Oakland, Cliff Buxton of Danville; Olga Crowe of Alameda
• Volunteer of the Year Award: Martina Rohde of Concord and James Leeper of Piedmont
• Youth Services Award: Dublin High School Red Cross Club for Alameda and Diablo Valley College Red Cross Club for Contra Costa
Pictures from the event can be found here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskA55nab