As our country remembers and celebrates the men and women who have served in uniform on Veterans Day, the American Red Cross is proud to continue supporting our armed forces and their families through the new Hero Care mobile application. This free app is designed to help members of the military, veterans and their families identify and access both emergency and non-emergency Red Cross services from anywhere in the world.
Some the important features of the app include:
· Request Red Cross emergency services including an emergency message or assistance with emergency travel or emergency financial aid.
· Securely and easily access information about their service member in the case of an emergency, including updated information as they move or change duty assignments.
· Access non-emergency Red Cross behavioral health assistance including financial assistance and free local workshops for military kids and spouses.
· Find local resources and information provided by trusted community partners like Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS), Blue Star Families, Military Child Education Coalition, United Way, Goodwill, Easter Seals, and others.
· Locate information on key government resources such as MilitaryOneSource, VA Benefits and Services, Department of Labor VETS, the VA Caregiver Support Program, and SAMSHA Community Health Support Services.
Content in the Hero Care App is available in both English and Spanish, and the call center is staffed 24/7 with multi-lingual translation services.
The Hero Care App is available to download for free in app stores, by texting ‘GETHEROCARE’ to 90999 or by clicking on the following link from a mobile device http://3cu.be/sharehc .
The Services to the Armed Forces (SAF) mission of the Red Cross is to provide care and comfort to the members of the United States Armed Forces and their families. In South Carolina, the Red Cross serves more than 126,000 active duty members and their families, as well as more than 520,000 veterans.