You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
- Fires kill more Americans each year than all natural disasters combined.
- Cooking fires and heating fires are the leading causes..
- A working smoke alarm reduces your chances of dying in a fire by nearly half.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms, and outside sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms monthly. Replace batteries yearly. Keep them clean by vacuuming over and around them regularly.
- Replace your smoke alarms every 10 years.
- You have about 2 minutes to escape a burning house.
- An escape plan, and knowing how to act, saves valuable time in the event of a fire.
- Learn more at www.redcross.org/homefires