The American Red Cross Holiday Mail for Heroes empowers you to “Give Something That Means Something” during the holidays by sending cards of thanks and support to the members of the Armed Forces, including those who currently serve, veterans and their families.
This year’s campaign will include a different approach. This holiday season, the campaign will not include sending holiday cards to a national Holiday Mail For Heroes P.O. Box. Local offices have already collected, sorted, and distribute the holiday cards using event-based approach in our local communities.
Due to the generosity of last year’s campaign, the grouping of chapters along the Texas Gulf Coast Region may host unique collection events and encourage everyone to submit still pictures/videos to share expressions of gratitude and holiday cheer!
Individuals, families, schools, organizations, or businesses or other entities are encouraged to submit a link to the picture/video created for this campaign to an email inbox. The pictures or video links will be posted below to be shared with service members, veterans and their families this holiday season.
Holiday Mail For Heroes 2014 Process
1) Take a picture or create the video and upload to a file hosting site such as YouTube, Flickr, Google Drive or Dropbox.com.
2) Please include the following: first name only, organization name, and city.
3) Email your content links and information to:
4) The local chapters will monitor the links submitted and will share the videos that meet the requirements below.
1) Be respectful and provide holiday cheer, thanks and support.
2) Video should be less than 1 minute long.
3) Please no religious or political statements.
4) Please do not include contact information.
The Online Content Campaign has ended please join us again next year.