• When flood or flash flood warnings are issued, head to higher ground and stay there.
• Stay away from flood waters. Six inches of swift moving water can sweep you off your feet!
• If you come upon a flooded road while driving, turn around and go another way. Most cars can be swept away by less than two feet of moving water.
• Keep children out of flood water. They are curious and often lack judgment about running water or contaminated water.
• Flood Tip: Before entering your home, look outside for loose power lines, damaged gas lines, foundation cracks or other damage.
• Parts of your home may be collapsed or damaged. See if roofs and over hangs have all their supports.
• Watch out for wild animals, especially poisonous snakes that may have come into your home with the flood water.
For more Flood Tips, please visit: http://www.redcross.org/prepare/disaster-safety-library