Thank you for your interest in the American Red Cross Summer Internship Program. The application period for 2012 has ended.
Please check back at this site in March 2013 if you’re interested in an internship in the 2013 Summer Internship Program.
There are internships throughout the year in different departments and ongoing volunteer opportunities, too. Please click on one of the links below to look for positions of interest.
Become a Volunteer – look for volunteer opportunities and non-paid internships. Please enter your zip code to find opportunities close to your location.
Become an Employee – look for paid intern positions and other employment opportunities.
- Candidates may apply for as many paid and non-paid positions as they desire.
- Interns work at our Washington, D.C. headquarters.
Available internship positions vary from year to year according to our needs at American Red Cross national headquarters. Most years, the program offers approximately 30 internship positions in almost every Red Cross line of business. Recently these have included:
-Intern - Audit Data Analyst
-Intern - IT Audit Analyst
-Intern - IT/Innovation Program Support, Community Resilience
-Intern - Portfolio and Investment Program
-Intern - Program Support to Office of Ombudsman
-Intern - Hurricane Recovery Program: Program Support, Community Resilience
-Intern - Diversity Program Support
-Intern - IT Project Portfolio Analyst
-Intern - Junior Sharepoint Administrator
-Intern - Training & Communications Coordinator
- Applicants should consider both their interests and skills when applying for a position.
- The paid intern salaries range from $440-$800/week depending on experience, major and education level.
- All persons accepting a paid position with the program are required to work 40 hours per week for the entire length of the nine-week program.
- Positions are open to students who are enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs at the time of submitting the application.
Interested applicants must apply online by visiting our Careers section, creating a profile and submitting a resume.
Before applying please read the specific directions about the online application process.
- Phase I Preliminary Selection: early April
- Phase II Final Selection: April-May
- Phase III Hiring Process: late May
Preliminary review of all internship applications. All selected candidates will be contacted and there will be a telephone interview scheduled with departmental sponsors.
Interviews are conducted. Notifications are sent to all applicants by the beginning of May.
All selected applicants for the internship program will be required to complete employment forms provided to them by the American Red Cross Human Resources Department.