This program is to provide those volunteers accepted into the program with comprehensive training and knowledge needed to assist competently in many fields of dentistry and able to compete successfully for employment in the dental assisting profession.
Length of Program:
Start date July 13, 2020 through March/April 2021.
The program consists of 1000 total hours at 40 hours per week,
7:15 am to 4:15 pm, Monday through Friday.
Federal Holidays and DONSA’s off.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Possess a valid military ID card and enrolled in TRICARE
- Be fluent in English i.e. able to speak, read and write the English language quickly and easily
- Secure adequate childcare-Red Cross does not offer a childcare program
- Obtain American Red Cross CPR certification before the start of the program
(Free to all Dental Students)
Now through March 27, 2020
Interview Period (for those selected):
April 3 or 10, 2020
Notification of Selected Candidates:
Mid April 2020
- Deros minimum of 12 months upon completion of the program.
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED
- Volunteer Dental Assistant Program Application
- Personal Essay on one or all the following topics (no specific format):
- Why should you be selected as a candidate for the DENTAC Program?
- Your knowledge of the Dental profession and what personal attributes would you bring to the profession?
- Why are you interested in becoming a Dental Assistant?
- Two letters of Recommendation (Family members excluded)
- In-person interview with Dental Program Leadership & Red Cross Lead Assistant
- Upon completion of the Dental Assistant Program, you will be able to take the National Board Certification at your expense. Please check your local state guidelines for requirements.
- When application packet is ready, you may drop packet off at Schofield Barracks Dental Clinic, building 660, to Jessica Moore- Red Cross Lead Assistant
Link to Application Form
Point of Contact: Jessica Moore Red Cross Lead Assistant at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Exie Hutcheson, Red Cross Interim SAF Manager at 808 208-5031 or email@example.com