Welcome to the American Red Cross, the largest volunteer organization in the United States. Each year over one million Americans serve as Red Cross volunteers providing local community needs, such as:
- Helping people in emergencies and disaster response.
- Teaching people how to prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies
- Teaching first aid & CPR, swimming and other health and safety skills
- Delivering emergency messages to members of the military
- Reconnecting families separated around the world through international tracking services, etc.
- Organizing youth programs
Helping others feels good, and helps you feel good about yourself. Your local Red Cross can work with you to provide rewarding experiences, opportunities to utilize your talents, or provide training to help you serve your community. Red Cross volunteers work directly with people, serve on boards of directors, serve as managers, advisors, and provide behind the scenes support. Be a Red Cross volunteer!
Already registered as an American Red Cross volunteer? Login to Volunteer Connection to access your profile, manage opportunities and more.