- Emergency relief: Disaster management, rapid needs assessments, beneficiary targeting, distribution planning and management.
- Shelter: Shelter needs assessment and program design implementation and coordination in emergency and non-emergency setting; and planning for and provision of tarps, tents, iron sheeting and simple construction.
- Cash transfer programming: Cash or voucher based program delivery (in humanitarian sector); emergency market mapping analysis; accounting and finance; program design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Information technology and telecommunications: Installation of communications equipment (radios, repeaters, satellite phones, VSAT); design, installation, and maintenance of network infrastructure; support for computer workstations and network applications; and global positioning systems (GPS).
- Information and reporting: Coordination and analysis of data; and report preparation, writing, and dissemination.
- Finance and administration: Computerized accounting, finance and budget management, financial reporting, property management, human resources services, and administrative procedures.
- Logistics: Requisition, procurement, customs clearance, commodity tracking, stock control, warehousing, and transportation.
Prior field experience is also required. Members of our roster must have two years’ worth of experience overseas in a volunteer or professional context, or at least three national- or international-level disaster response deployments. Potential candidates must also possess personal attributes such as diplomacy, teamwork and problem-solving skills, cultural sensitivity, tolerance, flexibility, and the ability to function effectively in a demanding and often rugged environment.
Potential candidates must also be available on short notice for a minimum of four-week assignments, as well as available for annual training and refresher courses. Foreign language skills—Spanish, French, or Arabic—and affiliation with the Red Cross in the U.S. or in another country are also strongly preferred.