The American Red Cross Holidays for Heroes program delivers cards of thanks and support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families. This year’s program will deliver cards from the local communities to local military facilities, veteran’s homes and hospitals and military family support groups. Due to the large number of cards received we cannot accept cards from outside this region (CT & RI).This is a program built on neighbors reaching out to neighbors.
We ask that you do not enclose any items in the holiday cards. Any items enclosed will be removed, including photos and other gifts. If you wish to provide financial support for Red Cross services to the military, please donate online.
Please join us in sharing Season’s Greetings to our local members of the Armed Forces, veterans and their families.
2017 Holiday Card Guidelines
- Ensure that all cards are signed and include a short message
- Write heartfelt sentiments, keep messages positive and upbeat – Please remember cards will be delivered LOCALLY, do not include “come home safe” or “get well” messaging, we cannot accept cards from outside our region!!
- Make cards more meaningful to a wide variety of recipients by using “Dear Hero” rather than any more specific language. Note: Cards addressed to specific individuals cannot be delivered through this program.
- Each card does not need its own envelope, as envelopes will be removed from all cards before distribution
- Give personal information such as home or email addresses (first & last names are okay without a town, school or state name)
- Use glitter as it could aggravate existing health issues of wounded, ill or injured recipients
- Include inserts of any kind (they will be removed during the sorting process)
Mail cards to:
American Red Cross
158 Brooklawn Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
All cards must be posted by Friday, December 2, 2017 to be included in this year’s deliveries.
Please note, due to the volume of cards received, we are unable to provide individual acknowledgements of your donation.