Please join us in honoring our community heroes by nominating someone who has done something extraordinary in your county. Throughout our community, ordinary people perform extraordinary acts every day. The Piedmont Triad area American Red Cross needs your help in identifying and recognizing our local heroes.
The 2020 Salute to Heroes event will be held at the Millennium Center, 101 West 5th Street, downtown Winston-Salem, on Tuesday, May 19, 2020. All nominations must be received by December 31, 2019.
Hero nominees must live, work, or attend school in one of the following 11 counties: Alamance, Caswell, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Guilford, Randolph, Rockingham, Stokes, Surry or Yadkin
Nominations will be accepted for the following categories:
- Veteran Military Personnel
- Active Duty Military Personnel
- Law Enforcement
- Fire Services
- Emergency Medical Services
- Communications (Emergency Personnel Only)
- Citizen Hero
- Candidate must live, work, or attend school in one of the above 11 counties.
- Candidate must have performed an act of heroism, demonstrated extraordinary courage, or performed a humanitarian deed(s) within the time frame of May 1, 2018-December 31, 2019. (Exception: There are no timeframe restrictions for the Military categories. You may nominate any service member active duty or veteran.)
- A team of people may be nominated together if the entire team, and not just one member of the team, performed the action or act that they are being nominated for.
(Note: The American Red Cross reserves the right to potentially limit the number of team members honored at the awards ceremony due to seating limitations.)
Nominations must include the following:
- Tell us why the individual is a hero.
- Explain why you are nominating the individual for the specific category.
- Describe the individual’s most significant contribution and/or achievement.
- Describe the impact the contribution and/or achievement has had on the community; and,
- Provide other insights that underscore the individual’s achievement.
DEADLINE AND AWARD DECISIONS
Nomination forms must be received by Tuesday, December 31, 2019 to be considered eligible for our 2020 Salute to Heroes event. Award decisions will be based upon information provided in your nomination form. All nominations will be reviewed by the Salute to Heroes Selection Committee. The committee will be checking for the points referenced in the Nomination Process; therefore, please include as many details as possible. The committee may select one or more award recipient(s) or no recipients in any of the categories.
For questions regarding the nomination process or utilization of this form, please contact Mariana Vimbela at Mariana.Vimbela@redcross.org.
Nominations must be received by December 31, 2019.