Each year, disasters around the world devastate the lives of millions of people – and millions more die from easily preventable diseases. With your support, the American Red Cross is taking action to save lives.
In 2013 your contributions and volunteer service:
- Provided urgent assistance to millions of people affected by disaster in 24 countries.
- Continued to help 4.3 million people in Haiti rebuild their lives.
- Helped vaccinate more than 98 million children against measles.
- Continued to invest in disaster preparedness, making communities less vulnerable in 32 countries.
- Help reconnect nearly 900 families separated by international war and disaster.
- Educated 46,000 people in the United States about international humanitarian law.