We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. Last year, Georgia's Red Cross helped more people following home fires with food, shelter and other essentials than any other region in the country! We teach life-saving skills, provide resources for military families and help international families in crisis.
We also support our Southern Blood Services region in their efforts to ensure a safe and ready blood supply in Georgia. How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help! Our Impact In the past year, American Red Cross in the Georgia Region has been able to make a difference in our local community because of the generosity of our donors and support of our volunteers. Together, we provided the following programs and services:
- Installed 13,677 free smoke alarms for the Home Fire Campaign
- Assisted 5,325 families after a disaster
- Collected 204,249 units of lifesaving blood
- Provided 16,945 services to military members veterans and families
- Enrolled 16,837 people in other health and safety courses
- Enrolled 35,687 people in first aid/CPR/AED