Illinois Safe Families AmeriCorps
Safe Families AmeriCorps members will serve to organize community members across Illinois in making their cities, schools, organizations and households more resilient to emergencies. The member’s primary responsibility will be to present free American Red Cross courses on emergency preparedness, disaster-specific safety, and basic first aid and CPR to both youth and adults in Illinois’ most vulnerable and under-served communities. Safe Families members will also work with local disaster clients to deliver Red Cross services to impacted individuals.
There are currently 12 full-time positions available at offices across the state of Illinois. Members will serve 1700 hours in an 11-month term. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through early December 2018 with start dates between November 19, 2018 through the end of the year. Please apply at https://bit.ly/2vGlWXH.
There are also currently 5 part-time positions available. Members will either serve 1200 hours in an 11-month term, or 900 hours in a 5.5 month term. Please apply for either part-time opportunity at https://bit.ly/2D0Vf5l
Illinois Disaster Corps
Disaster Corps members will support impacted communities with spontaneous volunteer management and donation coordination in the event of a local or state disaster. Members will work hand-in-hand with local and state government entities, non-profit organizations, and other community organizations to provide timely and meaningful service opportunities to those seeking to assist their own communities after a disaster strikes. Though these positions will be based out the Chicago American Red Cross office, members will have the opportunity to train for and respond to disasters across the state of Illinois. Members will also be involved in local or statewide disaster response activities, community preparedness education, and may be deployed for up to two weeks at a time in the case of a disaster.
There are currently 3 remaining positions available. These opportunities can be served either as full-time (1700 hours) or part-time (1200 hours) over an 11 month period. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through early December 2018 with start dates between November 19th through the end of the year. Please apply at https://bit.ly/2HnW8Tz. for the full-time opportunity or https://bit.ly/2y8pS4O for the part-time opportunity.
- Living stipend paid bi-weekly ($15,500 annual total)
- Invaluable experience from a nationally and internationally
- respected organization for school, a future job or new career
- Extensive training
- Basic Health Insurance for full-time AmeriCorps members
- Subsidized childcare for full-time members who meet income guidelines
- Student loan forbearance (on qualifying loans)
- Successfully serve in the position, serve 38-40 hours a week and meet the 1700 minimum requirement for a full term of service
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Must be 18 years of age at the start date of service
- Have a valid Driver's License & clean driving record
- Pass required criminal background checks
- Members should also be comfortable working with a wide variety of people from all walks of life and backgrounds and respect the
- American Red Cross fundamental principles.
PLEASE NOTE: AmeriCorps team position offers are contingent upon AmeriCorps funding notification.