- Ottawa Hills High School - 1800 Tremont Blvd., N.E. - Grand Rapids, MI 49506
- Union High School - 2055 Rosewood Ave., SE - Grand Rapids, MI 19504
- North Rockford Middle School - 397 E. Division St., N.E. - Rockford, MI 49431 *Red Cross supported shelter
- Walker Fire Department - 1470 3 Mile Rd., NW - Walker, MI 49544 *Red Cross supported shelter
- Ionia Armory - 439 W. Main St. - Ionia, MI 48846
- Greenville Middle School - 1321 W. Chase St., - Greenville, MI 48838
Grand Rapids, MI: The American Red Cross has opened four emergency shelters, and is supporting two additional shelters, to assist Michigan residents impacted by power outages and localized flooding resulting from recent severe storms and ice jams in local waterways.
The Red Cross and community partners have responded to Emergency Management requests in several counties by opening emergency shelters and providing food, comfort and a safe place for people forced to leave their homes. People should bring medications, clothing, pillows, blankets, important documents, hygiene supplies and other comfort items. Don't forget items for children or anyone with special needs.
Additional shelters and volunteers are on standby around the state as icy rains, heavy snow, high winds and possible ice jams in the coming days.